( Page 1 of 1245 )

List View Grid View

U.S. Attorneys Summon to Court to Account for Separated Families July 20, 2018 11:49

Attorneys for the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reported in a court filing late on Thursday that about 364 of some 2,500 families with children aged 5 and older have been unified since Sabraw's bid was issued more than three weeks ago.It was ill-defined from the status report, filed as part of an American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit challenging parent-child separations at the border, precisely how many more reunification's were probably before the July 26 deadline.According to report, nearly 850 parents have been interviewed and cleared for reunification so far yet another 229 parents have been deemed ineligible because of criminal records, or because they "waived" reunification or for other reasons. The rest are pending review.The report likewise said more than 700 parents in question have final deportation orders, although Sabraw has barred the expulsion of those parents until at least a week after they retrieve their children so they have adequate time for legal counsel on their families best options.As a part of Trump's immigration policy - "zero tolerance" - children were apart from their parents by the U.S. officials at the U.S.-Mexico border, leading to an international outcry. On June 20, Trump signed an executive order halting the practice.The recent hearings are used by Sabraw to push back on procedures that the attorneys of government have said are meant to safeguard its children in its custody.The regime blamed those measures for missing a July 10 deadline to reunite children under age 5, although the administration said they have now all since been returned to their parents.The judge has accused the government of either acting in defiance of his order or lacking the resources to fix the mess it created.Sabraw said at a hearing on Monday he was reassured that the government was finally putting the emphasis on reuniting families over lengthy procedures aimed at combating human trafficking that the judge said did not apply.Regarding the comments, on Thursday, he may press the government by the U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen suggesting she might differ on the emphasis placed on speedy reunification's, saying "we will not cut corners."By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

Dhadak Movie Review, Rating, Story, Cast and Crew July 20, 2018 11:42

Dhadak is a love story of Parthavi (Janhvi Kapoor) and Madhukar (Ishaan Khatter) and is set in Udaipur. Parvathi hails from an influential family and is the daughter of politician Ratan Singh. Madhukar is the son of a middle class man who runs a small hotel in the city. Right after Parvathi's family comes about their love, things changes soon. The rest of Dhadak is all about the consequences after they choose a bold step and how they wins their love forms the rest of the story. Watch Dhadak to know about the film.

Read More

Chi La Sow Telugu Movie July 20, 2018 08:35

Chi La Sow is an upcoming Tollywood film directed by Rahul Ravindran, produced by Bharath Kumar Malasala and Hari Pulijala. The film stars Sushanth, Ruhani Sharma, Vennela Kishore, Rohini in the leading roles. For more previews, stay tuned....

Read More

WhatsApp Curbs Forwarding Messages to Five Users July 20, 2018 07:53

The instant messaging application, in order to handle outspread of fake information on its platform, on Thursday proclaimed that users can forward messages to only five people at once.WhatsApp had said that it was testing a forwarding limit that will apply to all users. "In India - where people forward more messages, photos, and videos than any other country in the world - we'll also test a lower limit of 5 chats at once and we'll remove the quick forward button next to media messages," the private messaging app said in a blog post.The messaging app which is owned by social network Facebook believes that these modifications will aid keep WhatsApp the way it was planned to be: a private messaging app.The communications on the platform are said to be end-to-end encrypted. Lately on July 10, WhatsApp began specifying with a label, whether messages a user accepts were forwarded from someone. This new update is an add-on to the changes made to forwarding, in an endeavor to control fake news and spread of rumors.By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

Akhil Akkineni's Fourth Film Updates July 20, 2018 05:49

Youngster Akhil Akkineni is yet to taste success after he has been shattered with back to back debacles. Akhil is now extra cautious and is busy with his third film which is currently under shoot. Venky Atluri is the director and Nidhhi Agerwal is the female lead. The film will hit the screens during December this year and is bankrolled by BVSN Prasad. Akhil is in talks for his next film and sources revealed that he was extremely impressed with the script narrated by Sathya Prabhas. Sathya Prabhas happens to be the brother of actor Aadhi Pinisetty and he directed Malupu in the past. The plot excited Akhil and he asked Sathya Prabhas to come out with the final draft after which he would take a call. If things fall in place, the film will be launched during the end of this year and the regular shoot commences early next year. Akhil is excited about the story line and more details to be announced soon.    

Read More

Lover Movie Review, Rating, Story, Cast and Crew July 19, 2018 14:39

Raj (Raj Tarun) is an orphan and a customized bike maker who earns decent for his living. He gets hospitalized due to an accident and he meets Charitha (Riddhi Kumar) and falls for her. After a series of incidents, she falls for him. When things are going smooth, Charitha gets attacked and Raj will be left in shock. The rest of the film is all about why Charitha gets targeted and the real reasons behind her attack. Watch Lover to know about what happens next and how Raj saves Charitha winning her love.

Read More

Mattis, Pompeo to Travel to India for 2+2 in September July 19, 2018 12:02

The first 2+2 dialogue between Defence and Foreign Ministers of India and the United States will take place in September first week in New Delhi. An official announcement on this will be probably in the following few days, according to a report. The dialogue which was initially scheduled for July 6 in Washington was postponed due to changes in Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's schedule. Pompeo was in Pyongyang for denuclearization talks with the North Korean regime on July 6. James Mattis, Defence Secretary, had offered to host Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on the same day, but India did not warm up to the thought of an abbreviated meeting.Pompeo and Mattis be traveling to New Delhi in the first week of September. In the meantime, both countries are trying to turn the spare time provided by the unexpected postponement of the dialogue into an advantage. Negotiations are underway on the Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA). A communications agreement is significant to the forward movement of the unfinished proposal for India to acquire armed drones from American company General Atomics. India has reservations regarding the standard text of the COMCASA agreement that the U.S enter into with allies. While the U.S. would opt the standard agreement, it is open to an India-specific agreement too. Both sides have exchanged drafts of the understanding, and communicators are hopeful of its conclusion in time for the dialogue. Lord's visit is to encourage DTTI and similar visits in the past normally included a roundtable with private defense companies. "The private sector is expected to a play a key role in DTTI and their participation in the dialogue would be helpful," said Benjamin Schwartz, Head of the U.S.-India Business Council’s Defense and Aerospace programme.By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

TAUK Hosts Bonalu Celebrations in London July 19, 2018 09:54

Telangana Association of United Kingdom (TAUK) celebrated Bonalu fete in London in an expansive manner.Regional Members of Parliament Seema Malhotra, Virendra Sharma, and the initial secretary of Indian High Commission Anima Bharadwaj dignified the celebrations as the chief guests while more than 800 Non-Resident Indian (NRI) family members from all the corners of United Kingdom took part in the event.Umpteen locals likewise took part in the celebrations which were held in unalloyed conventional ways.The chief guests, as enthralled with the grand celebrations, acclaimed the endeavor of TAUK for their social service programs without bounds. They likewise offered their assistance in all possible manners to the approaching TAUK programs. TAUK founder Anil Koormachalam, President Pavitra Reddy Kandi, Vice-president Swathi Budagam, and Secretary Ravi Rethineni uttered their felicity on the success of the Bonalu event.By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

NRI Sisters Sell Nuts to Aid Cancer Patients in Mumbai July 19, 2018 06:51

Dubai-settled teenage sisters have been selling packaged nuts for a year now in order to raise money to aid children suffering from cancer and assist them with finer care at Mumbai's Tata Memorial Hospital.Till date, their endeavor has provided 1500+ nights of shelter to children and their families, who would otherwise be staying roadside.The duo, under the Helping Hands Foundation's Accommodation Project, sells nuts to raise funds at local events and exhibitions in the United Arab Emirates.Mehr Bhatia, 16, says, "We don't take donations; instead, we sell organic nuts for a certain price, the proceeds of which all go to the project. A packet of nuts priced Dh40 can fund a night’s stay of a child at the hospital."Earlier this week, sisters Mehr Bhatia and Shenaya Bhatia, visited Mumbai to meet the children, along with their parents, who are second-generation businesspersons in Dubai. Shenaya, 12, says on their trip, "The experience was an eye-opener, we knew it would be hard for those kids and their families but seeing it ourselves made us aware of how much more we need to do."It was the first time they met the affected children. Mehr says, "Communicating with the children in the hospital wasn't very successful as they were quite young and shy to speak to visitors. Later when we visited the Dharamshala where the kids and their families were staying during treatment, we spoke to a 17-year-old girl who told us about how she was treated in the Tata Memorial Hospital but her Leukemia then relapsed and her whole family had to travel back to Mumbai from her village for the treatment, she has spent seven years of her life in and out of hospitals."She adds, "We also had the chance to speak to some of the parents who told us about the struggles they go through and how their entire family is affected throughout the period of treatment. Both parents are required for the duration of the child’s stay in the hospital as usually the mother stays with the child and provides emotional support whereas the father then goes out to collect funds to support the rest of his family."Currently, they plan on taking the awareness one step farther by giving more negotiations across Dubai and in schools.The duo says they would like to keep the literal sum of funds raised unveiled.By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

Connecticut Sues Trump Administration over Tying Grant Money to Immigration Rules July 19, 2018 06:47

Connecticut on Wednesday filed a lawsuit against the United States President Donald Trump's administration over new regulations that force states to abide by with "zero tolerance" immigration policies to receive routine law enforcement grants.The legal action joins Massachusetts, New Jersey, Virginia and Washington, D.C., in asking a U.S. District Court to block the Trump administration from withholding the money.For Connecticut, over $1.7 million allocated to state and local police is at peril this year."President Trump and Attorney General Sessions are assuming power they don't have and literally putting lives at risk," Governor Dannel P. Malloy said."Connecticut has taken a leadership role in standing up to this president’s repugnant immigration policies, including the cruel and heartless 'zero-tolerance' family separation order," Malloy said.The conditions imposed by the U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions necessitate that states provide federal immigration officials with beforehand notice of an immigrant's scheduled release from a correctional facility, let agents access to prisons to question immigrants and forces states to certify compliance with the federal information-sharing law.If any of those conditions are not met, the Justice Department is withholding grant money routinely distributed by past administrations.The legal action follows a Bridgeport federal judge's recent regnant that the separation of two children now being detained in Connecticut was unconstitutional and order that those children be reunited with the parents. The children were taken from their parents after the family illegally crossed the U.S. and Mexican border as part of Trump's "zero tolerance" policy.The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York argues that the administration demands interfere with the rights of states and localities to set their own law enforcement policies and that the Justice Department lacks authority to impose conditions on states."These grants support vital local law enforcement initiatives and were designed to give states access to funds to support a broad variety of public safety needs," Attorney General Jepsen said."The Department of Justice has no authority to impose conditions, and no basis on which to use these grants to impose its will on state and municipal law enforcement when it comes to the Trump Administration's distasteful and damaging immigration policies," Jepsen said.Malloy said the lawsuit marks another conflict against Trump's "unlawful" immigration policies."Our state is once again at the forefront in fighting back against yet another unlawful, unconstitutional and unintelligible Trump administration directive," Malloy said. "President Trump and Attorney General Sessions are assuming power they don’t have and literally putting lives at risk."The lawsuit notes that the Byrne JAG program render grants to states and localities according to a mandatory statutory formula."Congress designed Byrne JAG to give states and localities a reliable source of law enforcement funding, while also giving them maximum flexibility to decide how to use the funds in accordance with state and local law-enforcement policy," the suit contends.In past years, the state passed much of the grant funding to state agencies and local jurisdictions to assist law enforcement and criminal justice programs, including the Statewide Narcotic Task Force and Connecticut's opioid intervention project for local police departments. By Sowmya Sangam

Read More